Super Fun Healthy Breakfasts
Top 3 Reasons Why Healthy Eating Should Be Promoted:
1. Eating healthy is a life lesson for children and they should learn from a young age as it can benefit them now and in the future.
2. Healthy eating helps children grow up to be strong and healthy.
3. Eating a balance diet of all the food groups helps children avoid any health problems such as; obesity, tooth decay, diabetes and many more.
Here Are Some Fun Ideas To Help Children Get Excited About Healthy Eating:
These are great recipes that can be done with the children, but depending on their ability, independence and capability they will need some assistance when handling sharp objects or kitchen appliances.
Teddy Bear Toast:
* 1 slice bread
* 2 tablespoons almond butter
* 3 slices banana
* 3 blueberries
1. Toast bread
2. Spread almond butter
3. Add banana slices (see photo)
4. Add blueberries to resemble eyes and nose (see photo)
French Toast Stars:
* 2 eggs
* Olive oil for frying
* 1 Slice toast
* Ketchup to serve
1. Whisk the eggs and pour the eggy mixture on a plate. Next dip the bread into the egg mixture and coat both sides.
2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan then fry the bread on both sides until golden brown.
3. Remove from the pan and use cookie cutters to cut out the star shapes.
4. Serve with ketchup and Enjoy!
Wise Owl Toast:
* 1 whole meal English breakfast muffin
* 1 heaped tbs of peanut butter
* 1 small banana
* 2 sliced strawberries
* Handful of blueberries
1. Split and toast the English muffin and spread the peanut butter.
2. Add the slices of banana dotted with a blueberry for the owl eyes.
3. One slice of strawberry each side of the muffin for the owl eyes.
4. Add a slice of strawberry for the owl beak
Recommended by Della at JBD Recruitment